Below is a step by step tutorial showing how to setup an email account in Outlook 2007. Skip ahead to the video if you prefer to watch and listen to step by step instructions.
Once you have created the account on the server through your CPanel, you can set it up through your mail program.
1. Click Tools -> Account Settings
2. In Account Settings click “New” to create a new email account
3. You can enter your email address and password here and try to automatically setup your email but it has been known to hang and not finish – Therefore, we recommend checking “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and then click Next
4. Select Internet Email and click Next
5. Enter all the following details for your email account. The Outgoing SMTP mail server depends on your internet provider (eg. mail.bigpond.com). If you are unsure, please contact your internet provider for the correct details. Click More Settings when complete
Bigpond Users: Bigpond block all outgoing email via port 25 – to avoid problems with outgoing mail, change the “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” to mail.bigpond.com
6. In More Settings -> Outgoing Server Tab – ensure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is selected and using “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
NOTE: Step 7 is only for users who are not using an alternative Outgoing SMTP mail server like Bigpond
7. In More Settings -> Advanced Tab – ensure that the Outgoing server (SMTP) port is set to 26 and click Ok to save
8. Click Next to complete the setup and start using your email